Gregory Scott Brown, M.D., is a board-certified psychiatrist, columnist for Men’s Health magazine, and author.
He believes we can work together to fight mental health stigma by having open and honest conversations about mental health.
Dr. Brown advocates for evidence-based integrative care that incorporates exercise, mindfulness, meditation, and nutrition with standard-of-care treatments for mental illness.
What We Talk About:
- What does a diagnosis of depression or anxiety mean?
- Even though Dr. Brown helps men with depression and anxiety, he still has days where he struggles
- What is the story of Kevin Hines and how did he survive jumping off of the Golden Gate Bridge?
- Shifting away from the language of committing suicide
- Having one of the worst weeks of my life and telling my kids “I quit”
- How to listen to your body when you are stuck in “the suck”
- The story of Marcus Smith, an NFL linebacker, and how his mother-in-law saved his life when he was struggling with thoughts of taking his life
- What is mental resiliency?
- What are the four key areas of men’s mental health?
- What is it like getting used to being content and how is it not a dirty word?
- How do you balance ambition and contentment?
- What is the path to optimal mental health?
- Developing a practice mentality for mental health
- How to influence your GABA with breathwork and meditation
The Self-Healing Mind: An Essential Five-Step Practice for Overcoming Anxiety and Depression, and Revitalizing Your Life
Kevin Hines on the Ed Mylett Podcast
Othership Guided Breathwork App
- Write down three things you are grateful for and focus on those things
Follow Dr. Gregory Scott Brown:
We are on a mission to cut male suicide in half by 2032! Subscribe to the ResistingBeta podcast to follow our journey and learn from the top mental, spiritual, and physical health experts.