Our guest this week is Joel Haasenritter. He is a certified Oola Life coach and founder at Wayfinders For Life. He helps visionary, heart-centered people create a life that matters by helping them reconnect to their dreams and crush their goals so they can leave a lasting impact on the world.
We talk about:
- Navigating your way through the fog of suck
- What are the four seasons of life?
- How Joel reinvented himself after a move and a career change
- What does it mean to connect your heart to your head
- Dealing with the consequences of being honest with yourself and eliminating the “It’ll be better when…” moments
- Perfect life balance is a myth
- Balance is not when there are no waves. Balance is everything you are doing to stay on the surfboard.
- Seeking intentional balance across the seven key areas of life
- Strengthen the muscles that are weak so you don’t get knocked off the surfboard of life.
- What does it mean to provide for your family beyond how much money you make?
- Concurring the fears that are preventing us from living our best life
- Unpacking self-sabotage and finding ways to prevent it
- How you can’t think your way to a new way of doing, but you can do your way to a new way of thinking
- The path to feeling like you are enough
- Marrying the weakest and strongest parts of your life to help lift up your weak points
- If You’re Not Working on your Marriage, You’re working on your divorce. What’s it going to be today?
- Looking at your past is not helpful. Learning from it and moving forward is key.
- Changing all your “have to’s” in life to “get to”
- Assessing the seven critical areas of living a balanced life
- Find ways to keep score in our lives so we know where we can improve
- Have the strength of a lion and the heart of a lamb in everything you do. Don’t go in crushing what doesn’t need to be crushed. Don’t be afraid to bring your strength. Also, don’t be afraid to connect with your heart passionately.
- Drink a full glass of water each day
- Ask yourself two questions
- Where am I?
- Where do I want to go
- Then, write down the three smallest steps
What does it mean to be a man?
“Expanding the fulfillment of every area of your life from the perspective of the strength of a lion and the heart of a lamb.”
“Balance is not when there are no waves. Balance is everything you are doing to stay on the surfboard.”
“Strengthen the muscles that are weak so you don’t get knocked off the surfboard of life.”
“You can’t think your way to a new way of doing, but you can do your way to a new way of thinking.”
We are on a mission to cut male suicide in half by 2032! Subscribe to the ResistingBeta podcast to follow our journey and learn from the top mental, spiritual, and physical health experts.